[Approval Request] Kallisys Reflexive License

Abe Kornelis abe at bixoft.nl
Sun Nov 11 04:55:50 UTC 2001

--
Paul,

If modifications are allowed *and* the license applies to
itself, then each and every user is allowed to modify the
license text...

This would mean I could remove the requirement that your
copyright notice not be deleted, then I could make a
new distribution with the modified license, after
replacing your copyright notice with my own.

Alternatively I might modify the license so, that it
allows me to create a proprietary package from your
code, then distribute that with my modifications
without releasing that code as open source. All
taking and no giving.

All in all: a modifiable license amounts to no
license at all - it allows the recipient to do
anything he/she wishes. If that is your intention,
then why bother about the license? It would
be easier to release it as public domain software.

Regards, Abe.
--
Abe F. Kornelis, B.V. Bixoft
Het Jaagpad 63, 3461 HA Linschoten