[License-discuss] How can we as a community help empower authors outside license agreements?

Tobie Langel tobie at unlockopen.com
Wed Mar 18 09:50:16 UTC 2020

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 09:52 Henrik Ingo <henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi> wrote:

> But why would you sum up Coraline and Tobie? The most likely explanation
> is that the same set of people (11%) voted for both of them, if they wanted
> to support ethical source.

Summing up those two numbers indeed doesn't make sense. As, afaik this
number came from Josh, I assume its based on more complete data, but I'm
not sure.

> Gil's analysis seems to more accurately reflect how approval voting works.

I disagree for the reasons expressed earlier (Gil's reasoning doesn't work
for stack ranking because of the incentives stack ranking creates).

--tobie