[License-discuss] OPEN Government Data Act signed into law in US

Gil Yehuda gyehuda at oath.com
Wed Jan 16 15:33:11 UTC 2019

Sean,

In trying to parse the legal definition in the sections you mentioned I
poked around to see if there is a data equivalent to the OSD (
https://opensource.org/osd-annotated) or FSF's four freedoms to determine
if the legal text matches it. I came across a few things that seemed to fit
the bill, such as http://opendefinition.org/od/2.1/en/ content I assume is
in https://cdla.io/ and imagine there may be content about this data.gov
(which is down with the US government).

Is there a de facto definition for "open" data that is as generally
accepted as the one used for open source?

Also can you elaborate on concerns you have about the text you shared?

*Gil Yehuda: *I help with external technology engagement