[License-discuss] notes on a systematic approach to "popular" licenses

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Fri Apr 7 18:37:08 UTC 2017

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 2:32 PM, Christopher Sean Morrison <brlcad at mac.com>
wrote:

Isn’t that exactly what https://tldrlegal.com does?  They even have the
> OSI-approved ones marked and sorted by popularity (as determined by
> eyeballs on their site):  https://tldrlegal.com/licenses/tags/OSI-Approved

For people who like opinionated wizards, there's also mine, currently
hosted at
<http://vrici.lojban.org/~cowan/floss/>.  It asks you questions about what
you want your license to do, and then steers you to the 3-clause BSD, the
Apache 2.0, the GPL 2.0, or the LGPL 2.0 licenses.

"But I am the real Strider, fortunately," he said, looking down at them
with his face softened by a sudden smile.  "I am Aragorn son of Arathorn,
and if by life or death I can save you, I will."