[License-discuss] web forums for license-* [was Re: proposal for revising code of conduct]

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Sat Feb 9 02:52:08 UTC 2013

On 01/05/2013 09:42 PM, Luis Villa wrote:
> I've personally never seen open source forum software that wasn't an
> abysmal nightmare from a usability perspective, whereas many people
> here have email clients that they have chosen and customized
> specifically to deal with their workflow. So I'm very reluctant to
> make anyone less productive here by forcing them to use bad software.

I haven't tried it for a serious project yet, but Discourse is new open
source discussion software and seems quite promising.  It's by some of
the people behind Stack Overflow.

It's under GPLv2 (http://www.discourse.org/faq/).

See http://www.discourse.org/ and http://discourse.org/

It is still in beta.