discuss: Open Game Source License

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Fri Jul 19 18:29:42 UTC 2002

Tig scripsit:

> Request for assistance and (hopefully) approval of the ..::LvL Open Game
> Source License (OGSL). A sample of the license can be found at the
> following URL's:

The obvious problem is the requirement for no commercial distribution
without permission (your b and e).  This is not Open Source: for
example, it prevents OGL-licensed files from being placed onto CD-ROMs
that are then sold.

In addition, the term "public domain" is misused; you should say
something like "publicly available for use and modification".

I suggest you have a look at the Artistic License.

--
John Cowan       http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        <jcowan at reutershealth.com>
                Clear all so!  `Tis a Jute.... (Finnegans Wake 16.5)