[License-discuss] Questions Regarding Open Source Hardware Licenses

Nigel T nigel.2048 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 13:36:02 UTC 2020

I suggest publishing at IEEE Aerospace.  I haven’t been in a couple years but there were several EP papers then.

You just missed an CFP on open hardware but contact the editors:

https://www.computer.org/digital-library/magazines/mi/call-for-papers-special-issue-on-agile-and-open-source-hardware

If nothing else they can point you at people even if they can’t accept another abstract.

Most of the papers will be for open chip design so yours would stand out but they might point you at Aerospace instead.

Publishing in social media is great but something like IEEE aerospace is better for documenting what you’ve done and getting a DOI someone can cite.  That helps a lot in establishing your expertise...especially in something as niche as EP.

I can pass you along to a couple folks if you are interested in collaboration.  I don’t know any folks working EP at APL but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any.

Sent from my iPhone