[License-discuss] Ethical open source licensing - Persona non Grata Preamble

Chris Lamb chris.lamb at opensource.org
Fri Feb 21 20:44:59 UTC 2020

Hi Van,

> Yes, but putting it in the license makes it different in a way that I
> think may be cognizable under the OSD.

I don't believe you are at all wrong in terms that these preambles
would be a clear statement regarding how contributions etc. might be
welcomed, but I think I might need more convincing (personally
speaking, etc. etc.) that this would rise to the level of being at
odds with OSD §5 or §6. Could you spare a moment to try?

(Somewhat related, but by "the forced speech issue" can you just
clarify that you are referring to $evil_organisation being forced to
re-distribute notices that are, how shall we say, not to their
advantage?)

Best wishes,

--
Chris Lamb