[License-discuss] Ethical open source licensing - Persona non Grata Preamble

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Sat Feb 22 16:49:57 UTC 2020

VanL dixit:

>But think about OSD #5, which prohibits discrimination against people or
>groups, or OSD #6, prohibiting discrimination against fields of endeavor.

In addition to that, it would require users to redistribute statements
which may be diffamatory (unless the user can prove the contrary) or
otherwise illegal in their legislation.

I think this *also* counts in OSD #5/#6.

Can we please agree this is a bad idea and stop discussing it here?
If alone for the fact that in, say, 120 years these messages will not
have recognisable relevance any more.

Thanks,
//mirabilos
existence.		-- Coywolf Qi Hunt