[License-discuss] FYI, opensource.dev released

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Thu Jan 10 15:18:32 UTC 2019

Mike Milinkovich dixit:

> On 2019-01-09 5:16 p.m., John Cowan wrote:

>> Foundation.B  Wikipedia lists only four beyond the four you mentioned: ksh,
>> graphviz, Jikes, and UWIN.

And ksh and UWIN come from (well originally, ksh93 was forked)
the same source tree.

> But until or unless the OSI changes its criteria, I will continue to assert
> that the EPL is supported by a strong community.

No.

The EPL is supported by a strong foundation (centralised)
but has virtually no support from the community (bazaar,
individual non-Eclipse-affiliated developers using it).

bye,
//mirabilos
--
“The final straw, to be honest, was probably my amazement at the volume of
petty, peevish whingeing certain of your peers are prone to dish out on