[License-discuss] US Army Research Laboratory Open Source License proposal

Maarten Zeinstra mz at kl.nl
Sat Jul 23 07:51:04 UTC 2016

Is that the correct interpretation of the Berne convention? The convention assigns copyright to foreigners of a signatory state with at least as strong protection as own nationals. Since US government does not attract copyright I am unsure if they can attract copyright in other jurisdictions.

I am of the belief that the US government does not get assigned copyright in other jurisdiction as it is not a right holder in the country of origin.

Or am I misunderstanding the Berne Convention?

Regards,

Maarten Zeinstra
--
Kennisland | www.kl.nl | t +31205756720 | m +31643053919 | @mzeinstra