GPL and closed source

Dale netxe456 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 11:12:41 UTC 2011

>Giving someone software under a purported GPL licence without giving them
>dispensations to link with the proprietary libraries makes the GPL pretty
pointless.

I can see now why John mentioned adding a clause to the GPL license to
specifically allow for that

 >It would be better to use a licence that reflects the intended
redistribution terms.
what kind of license for that pupose do you suggest ? For example do BSD or
Artistic  allow linking against a closed source binary without the
restrcitions posed by the GPL?