GPL License Question

John Hancock john.h.hancock at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 26 13:06:54 UTC 2007

Hi,I'd like to ask a question about a licensing issue. I have a proprietary app (foo) that ships with a GPL apps (bar and baz), as well as their source. When foo is installed it is setup to call bar and baz (separate binaries). However it can be setup to call other apps (not bar nor baz but others). Foo is agnostic but bar and baz are shipped and by default the system is set use them. Does Foo break the GPL?Some real life parallels for this scenario are: a proprietary bash script calls gawk. A proprietary C program calls gawk. Really appreciate your time,John