MS-PL/GPL compatibility, was Re: For Approval: Microsoft Permissive License

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Aug 23 22:55:37 UTC 2007

Quoting Chris Travers (chris.travers at gmail.com):

> That was not my question.  If I create an ISO image of a collection of
> source works, that may effectively be copyrighted by me and is outside the
> scope of the GPL v3 as you point out.

As Matt points out, you have fundamentally misunderstood the notion of
compilation copyright, and apparently confused it with that of
collective works.  I noted this trait in your postings a couple of
hundred long paragraphs ago, but didn't think it worth going into, in
context of other problems with your general approach.