Three new proposed OSD terms

Steve Quinn SteveQ at exegesys.com
Fri Mar 4 18:02:49 UTC 2005

> Alex Rousskov writes:
>
>I am saying that the proposed solution will not work as intended. I hope there is
>already consensus regarding that.
>
>Whether the problem is real and whether there are any solutions is irrelevant for this
>discussion (and both questions require a good definition of what the alleged problem
>is).

As a new user to this list and as someone planning to release multiple projects under one or more open source licenses, I can tell you that it is a nightmare trying to determine the right license to use.  This may be one of the reasons the GPL is so widely used...by default just because it is the most widely used, and not necessarily because it is the best for a particular project.  To research through the many licenses is either extremely time consuming or extremely expensive.

Steve