Bruce Perens rejected from license-proliferation committee.

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Tue Aug 23 04:17:35 UTC 2005

David Webber (XML) wrote:

>therefore I sense this has nothing to do with Bruce and the committee, but all to do with the process and the methods.

David,

There have been lots of times when, faced with a gadfly, I've said "OK,
here's the job, now show me that you can do the work." A braver
organization would have done so. The committee as it presently exists is
over-lawyered, and I would have added some balance and a lot of skill.
If you look at the discussion list, it will be clear that they aren't
getting very much energy out of that group of extremely busy people.
Turning away an extremely-qualified volunteer who has already worked on
the problem isn't a good idea.

>In that I see he has been all too successful in drawing attention to the metrics.

I think I've drawn attention to more than one problem.

    Thanks

    Bruce