Bruce Perens rejected from license-proliferation committee.

David Webber (XML) david at drrw.info
Tue Aug 23 02:13:49 UTC 2005

Pablo,

+1

I've read enough of this public posturing.

Given that I deduce Bruce is a lot smarter - he
probably realized from the get-go what would
materialize - and therefore I sense this has
nothing to do with Bruce and the committee, but
all to do with the process and the methods.

In that I see he has been all too successful in
drawing attention to the metrics.

He clearly had no intention of serving on the
committee at this point anyway.

Hopefully there is some way here to leverage
Bruce (and others skills) in some sort of
advisory / review capacity - and to setup
a time honoured upper / lower house structure
here to act as custodians and the combined
brain trust.

Throwing rocks at each other has no purpose.
The bad guys are elsewhere, and we need
a strong and useful OSI process to lead
not squabble.

DW