Official License Anti-Proliferation policy?

Laura Majerus LMajerus at fenwick.com
Tue Apr 12 03:13:17 UTC 2005

While I don't yet know exactly what the license proliferation committee will recommend to the board about tiering overall,  I do know that the Gpl will not be placed in a non-recomended tier.  No way.

I personally think we need a word instead of 'deprecated' by the way because it has some negative meanings in the non-technical world.  'Not recomended anymore' is closer to our intent.

It's impossible to opine on whether licenses we haven't seen are duplicative. Sorry.  But the three  criteria are for license approval going FORWARD.  We're not going to apply them retroactively.

Laura Majerus
OSI Director of Legal Affairs