Official License Anti-Proliferation policy?

cody koeninger codykoeninger at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 02:49:47 UTC 2005

> * From now on, approved licenses must meet three new
> criteria of being (a) non-duplicative, (b) clear
> and understandable . . .

Does that mean the GPL is soon to be on the
'deprecated' list?  Seriously, this is not intended as
a troll.  I'd find it hard to call the GPL either
clear and understandable, or technically correct.

Would a clear, technically correct rewrite of the GPL
be "duplicative"?  If so, isnt the Board's statement
foreclosing the possiblity of real improvement on the
issue of satisfying both 'suits' and 'hackers'?