License Wizard; previously Re: An explanation of the difficulty of solving licenseproliferation in one sentence

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Apr 7 16:01:54 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005/04/07 (MDT), <wyattnordstrom at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Justin Cliff put forth the idea of a license wizard a week ago,
> and it failed to generate any discussion.

As it failed when the same idea has been proposed before(*):

   http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.licenses.open-source.general/2592
   http://www.crynwr.com/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?3:mss:9637:hbpbammcbnknmibmcgga

My feeling is that until somebody actually does the work, there will be no
discussion.
I wish I had more spare cycles to write a simple script to bootstrap this
activity :-(.
Any collaborators?

Alex.

(*) I do not claim I thought about it first!
     It was just easier for me to find my own old postings...