Fwd: Apple GCC source code license (APSL)

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Tue Jan 28 08:03:13 UTC 2003

On Monday 27 January 2003 11:33 pm, James Michael DuPont wrote:

> The cvs does require accepting the license hence my question.

I think that's because the repository has code under multiple licenses, one of
which is the APSL. They aren't claiming that everything in that repository is
under the APSL, only that you need to join an "APSL Club" to see it. If you
don't join that club, you can get the same GPL code elsewhere on the same
site. Besides which, implementing a click-through on just parts of a
repository would be a royal pain in the arse.

> so there is no problem in republishing the sources directly under the
> gpl?

If the license says GPL then follow the GPL to your hearts content. Publish
away.

--
David Johnson