Fwd: Apple GCC source code license (APSL)

James Michael DuPont mdupont777 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 28 07:33:16 UTC 2003

--- David Johnson <david at usermode.org> wrote:
> On Monday 27 January 2003 10:17 pm, you wrote:
> > I have a question about the APSL :
> > http://www.opensource.apple.com/apsl/
> >
> > The modifications to the gcc source are only available to you if
> you
> > agree to this "click-through" license.
>
> Are you sure? I just went there an tried to download their gcc and
> was never
> presented with any license. There is some stuff that "requires a
> valid APSL
> registration", but gcc and gcc3 are not among them.  See the page
> <http://www.opensource.apple.com/projects/darwin/6.0/projects.html>.
>
> One thing that *might* be problematic is that CVSWeb requires this
> same
> registration. But an APSL agreement and registration to access their
> central
> source control repository is a much different thing than having to
> register
> to get original and derived GPL code. As near as I can tell, all of
> their
> original and derived GPL code does not require this registration to
> access.
>
> Not a problem, IHMO.

Here is the tar file, yes, that is available without registration:
http://www.opensource.apple.com/projects/darwin/6.0/source/other/gcc3-1151.tar.gz

The cvs does require accepting the license hence my question.

Thanks,
so there is no problem in republishing the sources directly under the
gpl?

btw:
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/2003/01/28/rtl.i/apple-gcc-rtl.gz
contains a 800k tar of the modified apple gcc sources in RDF format via
the introspector.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont