Fwd: Apple GCC source code license (APSL)

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Tue Jan 28 06:48:17 UTC 2003

On Monday 27 January 2003 10:17 pm, you wrote:
> I have a question about the APSL :
> http://www.opensource.apple.com/apsl/
>
> The modifications to the gcc source are only available to you if you
> agree to this "click-through" license.

Are you sure? I just went there an tried to download their gcc and was never
presented with any license. There is some stuff that "requires a valid APSL
registration", but gcc and gcc3 are not among them.  See the page
<http://www.opensource.apple.com/projects/darwin/6.0/projects.html>.

One thing that *might* be problematic is that CVSWeb requires this same
registration. But an APSL agreement and registration to access their central
source control repository is a much different thing than having to register
to get original and derived GPL code. As near as I can tell, all of their
original and derived GPL code does not require this registration to access.

Not a problem, IHMO.

--
David Johnson