License Approval Committee

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. rdixon at cyberspaces.org
Thu Apr 24 22:52:43 UTC 2003

To Larry and the OSI BoD, I think this is an excellent method for
implementing the certification mark.

Rod

: Just to be clear, the OSI Board of Directors has sole authority to
: approve or disapprove licenses.  That is essential to retain our
: certification mark.
:
: The License Approval Committee recommends only.  Not to minimize your
: responsibility one bit, though....  The Board is quite likely to follow
: your advice, particularly if the committee becomes effective at
: screening and analyzing licenses.  Thanks for volunteering.  (Anyone who
: doesn't step back 3 feet is a volunteer!)
:
: /Larry Rosen
: