an open source model code: osd 2002

phil hunt philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk
Thu May 23 16:56:33 UTC 2002

On Thursday 23 May 2002  4:03 am, Rod Dixon wrote:
> Please take a moment or two to download a draft of the framework for our
> work on the OSD. We have only posted Article 1. We would like to hear
> your thoughts on the framework. It is our view that a model code is the
> most helpful framework for augmenting the Open Source Definition (OSD),
> but we would like to hear what the folks on license-discuss have to say.

   1-1 The license shall not
   restrict any party from selling or giving away the software as a component of
   an aggregate software distribution containing programs from several different
   sources. The license shall not require a royalty or other fee for such sale

This could be changed to:

   1-1 The license shall not restrict any party from selling or giving away the
   software, EITHER ON ITS OWN, OR as a component of an aggregate software

--
<"><"><"> Philip Hunt <philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk> <"><"><">
"I would guess that he really believes whatever is politically