request for approval of APOSSL

Forrest J. Cavalier III mibsoft at mibsoftware.com
Tue Mar 5 19:39:43 UTC 2002

> the key here is the qualifying 'before obtaining written permission'.
> should you NEVER obtain written permission you never need endorse
> anything.

Huh?

How does a court of law distinguish someone who will never
obtain permission from someone who has not yet decided
to obtain permission?

"Before obtaining written permission" is equivalent to
"without written permission."  I there any other consistent
way to interpret it?

There is no requirement to consult a lawyer about
a license before submitting for approval.  But if
you are trying to do something out of the ordinary
(or clever), writing a license is not a simple task.
Legal professionals can provide important guidance.

I won't make further discussion until you resubmit.

Forrest