request for approval of APOSSL

dave sag dave.sag at pronoic.com
Tue Mar 5 19:52:33 UTC 2002

At 2:39 PM -0500 5/3/02, Forrest J. Cavalier III wrote:
>  > the key here is the qualifying 'before obtaining written permission'.
>>  should you NEVER obtain written permission you never need endorse
>>  anything.
>
>Huh?
>
>How does a court of law distinguish someone who will never
>obtain permission from someone who has not yet decided
>to obtain permission?
>
>"Before obtaining written permission" is equivalent to
>"without written permission."  I there any other consistent
>way to interpret it?

before means until you do.  the distinction between someone who will
never obtain permission from someone who has not yet decided to
obtain permission is much like schrodingers katz, unknowable until
the observation of the event.  as log as they don't get in touch they
are not able to be in breach. there is no need for distinction.

cheers

dave