Licensing an XML schema

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Mon Mar 4 11:54:47 UTC 2002

Roberto Bonino scripsit:

> For example imagine I release a GPLed  XML schema for car part description,
> call it carXML.
> Can somebody write a commercial, nonGPLed program that relies largely or
> totally  on processing and exhanging carXML compliant files ?

Sure.  In this case you are using the schema not as software but
as specification.  The copyright status of a spec and software
compliant to that spec are totally independent.

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              cowan at ccil.org
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all.  There