News. was[Re: forums]

Steve Mallett steve at opensourcedirectory.com
Fri Sep 28 06:45:56 UTC 2001

> > I just talked myself into it.  That's a damn good idea.
>
> Thanks ;-)
>
> Note that this still boils down to a filtering mechanims.  I *do* like
> the (theoretical) effectiveness of collaborative filtering tools.  A
> "news" like feature could be implemented by skimming highly-rated items,
> comments, and/or threads from general discussion.  Scoop's only made
> partial progress in this regard to date.

hehe.  Your idea of the l-d highlights is good too, but I meant the general
news cataloguing.  8^)

However, that may end up being done aswell as we continue to hash out a more
effective discussion medium/method.  In the mean-time it could be done the
old fashioned way (if someone was so inclined, not me!) & posted once a
week/month to the list.
--
Steve Mallett | Stable, Open-Source Apps
http://OpenSourceDirectory.org | steve at opensourcedirectory.com

Project-Listing Maintenance In A Can: http://trovesendtwo.sf.net

webmaster at opensource.org  (Aug 15th/01,
I have nothing to do with license approval.)

"Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as cooperation with good."
        -- Mohandas Gandhi