Backlog assistance?

Alex Stewart alex at foogod.com
Fri Sep 21 23:26:33 UTC 2001

Greetings all..

I was recently browsing through the list archives here, and noted that a
few weeks back Russell Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com> stated something to
the effect of:

 > Why isn't it approved?  Because we got hideously backlogged.

And so, I have a couple of questions..

First, are things still backlogged, and if so, how much?

Secondly, assuming that there is still a backlog of some degree, is
there anything that I, as a newbie to this group but a reasonably
legalese-savvy and intelligent open-source advocate might be able to do
to help out in this regard?  I can't necessarily promise huge amounts of
spare time for such things, but if there are things where having another
set of eyes in the loop here and there or having somebody to help
organize some part of things would help with, or whatever, I'm willing
to do what I can to help.

(I started looking at this list because I'm currently in the process of
finishing up a license document which I was looking at submitting, but I
figure if folks are currently backlogged I should do what I can to
reduce that situation before loading you all up with more stuff :) )

-alex