Restricting test results disclosure

Andrew Josey ajosey at rdg.opengroup.org
Wed Nov 28 10:37:51 UTC 2001

Dear All,
Recently we submitted and obtained approval of The Open Group Test Suite
License (basically a varient on the Artistic license)
	http://www.opensource.org/licenses/opengroup.html
At the time I included a question which I would still
like some feedback on; would a  varient on that license with
an extra stipulation regarding disclosure of test results be conforming?:

	``Disclosure of test results, except for the purposes of reporting
	a suspected problem in the execution of the tests, or claims
	of "passing the tests" are not permitted without the previous
	written consent of X/Open (The Open Group).''

Our motivation for this is where we run a certification program for
which we wish to protect the value in the mark, yet still allow the
test suite to be made freely available.
My thoughts are that this restriction does not meet the OSD guidelines
in that it does not meet the OSD clause 6:

  6. No Discrimination Against Fields of Endeavor

  The license must not restrict anyone from making use of the program in a
  specific field of endeavor. For example, it may not restrict the program
  from being used in a business, or from being used for genetic research.

I'd appreciate views. Thanks for your time.
best regards
Andrew

-----
Andrew Josey                                The Open Group
Director of Certification                   Apex Plaza,Forbury Road,
Email: a.josey at opengroup.org                Reading,Berks.RG1 1AX,England