free database licenses

M. Drew Streib dtype at dtype.org
Tue Nov 27 20:31:30 UTC 2001

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 08:30:46AM -0400, Steve Mallett wrote:
> Excuse my insolence, but I _personnally_ don't find this that far off-topic
> (see 'licensing issues" above). Compared to what can be/is discussed at
> length anyway.

Yeah, I guess I'm one of those that would rather see list traffic become
more of its original charter, which was a a discuss mechanism for specific
licenses for digestion before they went to an OSI board. We've long since
strayed from that... ;)

Maybe license-approve should become a list itself, and could take on this
charter.

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype at dtype.org>, Free Standards Group (freestandards.org)
co-founder, SourceForge.net | core team, freedb | sysadmin, Linux Intl.