OSI announcements list announcement

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sun Nov 4 21:38:01 UTC 2001

Hi.  We're setting up a mailing list for announcing Open Source
Initiative actions, e.g. approving licenses, position papers, good
hair days, etc.

If you'd like to be on it, send email to:
    announcements-subscribe at opensource.org

You'll get back a confirmation request.  Reply to it, and you're on.

If you'd like a group address subscribed, send email in a slightly
different form.  For example, news at linux.com would subscribe like this:
    announcements-subscribe-news=linux.com at opensource.org

The confirmation will be sent to news at linux.com, and anybody who
receives that email may reply to it.

This list is moderated and will probably only have one email per month
sent to it.  Last month there would have been two: action taken at the
board meeting, and our position paper on the W3C patent policy.

I tried announcing the list by sending mail to the list, but nobody
had yet subscribed and so that didn't work very well.  So I'm sending
it to you.

--
-russ nelson <sig at russnelson.com>  http://russnelson.com
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok |  If this were personal