Request for approval - MOSL

Leon Gommans leon at motosoto.com
Wed May 23 09:41:19 UTC 2001

It is real thrill working in the world of Open Source, it is amazing to
see what has become possible in terms of software development over the
last years, both from a technological and a collaboration point of view.

The Motosoto team has developed the "Communty Portal Server (CoPS)" over
the last year, (fully based on "Open Source" products) and wants to make
CoPS available to the Open Source Movement. We have evaluated several
Open Source licenses and concluded that the Jabber Open Source License
fits our needs best.

However for "legal" reasons we need to create a new version of the JOSL,
the applicable law should be Dutch instead of US.

Changes in comparison to the JOSL are:

Intro: Protection by Dutch copyright law

License terms:

Article 1 sub b: Derative Works, as defined under the dutch law

Article 7 sub a: Added a, referense to JOSL

Article 13: change to reflect Dutch Law and location of court

Definition of Derative works.

The MOSL has been included in this mail an can also be found on
www.motosoto.org/mosl.html
Feel free in case of questions and/or remarks.

Thanx ...

Motosoto.com
Leon Gommans
leon_gommans at motosoto.com