trademarked logos and GPL

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. rod at cyberspaces.org
Wed Jan 24 03:27:12 UTC 2001

Matt,

I think the point was to say that some posts were not making a distinction
between saying "that license is not legally enforceable in any court in the
U.S." and "some of the terms of that license are not consistent with open
source principles;" the latter is fine, the former should be avoided. The
programmers have much more to add to the discussion than the lawyers, in my
opinion. It's the programmers who present the clever hypothetical and the
real-life  programming situations that make the discussions interesting. I
do hope you stay.

Rod