[openip] Re: "rights" and "freedoms"

Ross N. Williams ross at rocksoft.com
Tue Oct 19 09:43:44 UTC 1999

At 9:29 AM +0200 19/10/99, Robert M. Muench wrote:
> [...]

Answer: Because there is one US software patent issued, on average,
every 20 minutes, and it would take several days of work to find
prior art for each one and prepare a submission.

(One per 20 minutes is about 25,000 per year which I think is
 about the current rate. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but
 even if it was just one patent issued a day, it would still be
 overwhelming).

Ross.

Dr Ross N. Williams (ross at rocksoft.com), +61 8 8232-6262 (fax-6264).
Director, Rocksoft Pty Ltd, Adelaide, Australia: http://www.rocksoft.com/