[PublicPolicy] Open Sourcing Government Code

Shimon Shore ShimonS at most.gov.il
Wed May 27 16:02:17 UTC 2020

Hello,

I would like to start a discussion about publishing government code. I have some of my own ideas but I would like to hear what others have to say.

Why should a government open source their code?

What is the best way to get government offices to Open Source code?

How successful have internal government programs been in getting code released as Open Source? Examples would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience.

Regards,

Shimon

Shimon Shore
Chief Architect, Open Source Program