[License-discuss] resignation in protest

Stefano Maffulli stefano at opensource.org
Fri Jul 21 21:26:39 UTC 2023

I'm sorry to see you go. You've been a valued contributor to License
Discuss for som  time. You are welcome to rejoin at any time.

On Thu, Jul 20, 2023 at 7:52 PM Thorsten Glaser <tg at mirbsd.de> wrote:

> This is protesting both your recent biased process towards
> judging so-called “AI” and the way your members treat multiple
> high-profile community leaders, including rejecting their opinion
> offhand due to the aforementioned bias despite at the same time
> pretending to be collecting community feedback.

The process has just started, there is nothing written in stone and the
feedback collection is in its infancy. The OSI has no official position of
what constitutes an "open AI". Is it possible that  you're getting the
wrong impression from one blog post, one live session at a conference and
sporading interactions on mastodon?

OSI also has an open call for proposals to collect ideas and feedback:
https://opensource.org/deepdive/

The definition of "open AI" (whatever its name will be) will come after
many months of discussions, we're at the very beginning.

Regards
Stef