[License-discuss] resignation in protest

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Fri Jul 21 02:49:44 UTC 2023

Dear OSI,

I hereby resign under protest from also the licence discuss list.
This is protesting both your recent biased process towards
judging so-called “AI” and the way your members treat multiple
high-profile community leaders, including rejecting their opinion
offhand due to the aforementioned bias despite at the same time
pretending to be collecting community feedback.

Indeed, when your Executive Director actively promotes private
use of technology, hand-waving away security issues, and telling
people to “talk to AI developers”, this sounds like not only has
the OSI lost its goals, but also like those news outlets giving
conspiracy theorists the same amount of platform/recognisation
as actual experts in their area of expertise.

Stop it before you make yourself obsolete.

I ask that other concerned individuals also speak out, perhaps
in a form and forum appropriate (but which that is I don’t know
given that OSI members just refuse to engage anywhere concerns
are raised, without giving an appropriate feedback medium).

Goodbye,
//mirabilos
existence.		-- Coywolf Qi Hunt