[License-discuss] License pages cleanup project underway - status update

Stefano Maffulli stefano at opensource.org
Mon Aug 21 21:51:55 UTC 2023

Hello folks,

It occurred to me that I didn't announce the completion of this project to
this list. Doing it now: the project is done! Thanks Giulia for your time.

To recap what has been done:
- reviewed the archives of all mailing lists archives in our possession
(1999 - 2023) and the public board meeting minutes
- updated the metadata of each license on the website (
https://opensource.org/licenses)
- built a list of licenses that have not been approved or have been
retracted

The website is now up to date, showing all the information like a link to
the first submission to the mailing list for review, the link to the board
approval, name of the steward and link to their version.

Next step will be to expand the list of licenses to include the data about
the non-approved licenses. At the moment this project doesn't have full
specifications written and is not scheduled.

Cheers,
Stef