[License-discuss] Thoughts on AAL and OSS vs FOSS

Josh Berkus josh at berkus.org
Tue Mar 31 18:09:22 UTC 2020

On 3/31/20 8:38 AM, Henrik Ingo wrote:
> It would be bad form to use the same name though. But as a fallback
> option I could of course submit for review a new license that was based
> on AAL but with a new name.

Why?  I don't see how an original license author has any moral right to
the name.  Once the license is released, it belongs to the whole community.

I mean, that said, I expect this particular author won't care what we do
with the license -- after all, he no longer uses it.  But it's entirely
possible that he won't respond to contact attempts.

I haven't contacted him myself becase I think and OSI board member
should do that.

--
Josh Berkus