[License-discuss] How can we as a community help empower authors outside license agreements?

Nigel T nigel.2048 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 00:17:51 UTC 2020

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 8:43 AM Russell Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com> wrote:

> On 3/20/20 4:39 PM, Nigel T wrote:
> > You guys should have at least trademarked the "open" badge that the
> > ESD has now taken).
>
> You mean the green circle open at the bottom? We did trademark that, and
> registered it. Can you link to where they are using the "open" badge?

No I mean the "open" part of the open/ethical badge.

https://img.shields.io/badge/open-ethical-%234baaaa
<https://img.shields.io/badge/open-ethical-%234baaaa>It clearly intended to
imply that those license are open source and they aren't.

open/permissive
open/share-alike

Would have been two nice badges to have no?