[License-discuss] Thoughts on the subject of ethical licenses

Josh Berkus josh at berkus.org
Thu Mar 12 00:10:23 UTC 2020

On 3/11/20 4:33 PM, Gil Yehuda wrote:

> My current feeling is disappointment in the conversation and I'm less
> enthusiastic about seeing this play out. Largely because I think they
> are looking to achieve a different goal. They may be relieved that I'll
> ask fewer questions and make fewer suggestions, too.

I'm disappointed in the discussion too, but in my case because it
focused entirely on historical baggage and didn't ever really discuss
the merits of ethical clauses (or lack thereof).

> You are right, OSD is not immutable. But this is the license-discuss
> list, not the OSD-discuss list, nor the ESD-discuss list. Maybe that's
> too fine a point, and I'm sure (and hope) other people on this list are
> less interested in discussing if I was sufficiently articulate and
> measured in my words. Sorry to distract from the conversation.

There isn't an OSD-discuss list.  This is it.

That's one reason why I would be thrilled to see OSI move to Discourse
or a similar platform; I think it would really help us separate
discussions better.

--
Josh Berkus