[License-discuss] Ethical open source licensing - Persona non Grata Preamble

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Feb 22 00:56:09 UTC 2020

Quoting Eric Schultz (eric at wwahammy.com):

> Anyways, now that that is out of the way, my first idea is called the
> Persona non Grata Preamble.
[...]

In my opinion, OSI license-discuss participants would be well advised to
pointedly not assist you on this, or on any similar matters.  You already
know this sort of language belongs, if anywhere at all, in your
organisation or other project's Code of Conduct, having blogged in
December explicit acknowledgement of that very point.[1]

OSI's community should decline to enable your (or your friends' or your
organisation LibrePlanet's) grudges against Richard Stallman or against
ICE or against BP or against anyone else.  That is, IMO, very much not
what we're collectively here to spend our time and effort on.  What
ideological causes you wish to lavish your _own_ time on is of course
your business.

[1] https://wwahammy.com/on-safety-at-libreplanet/

--
Cheers,                     "Why doesn't anyone invite copyeditors to parties,
Rick Moen                   when we're such cool people out with whom to hang?"