[License-discuss] Fair license: does it require retention of copyright

Anton Shepelev anton.txt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 09:08:44 UTC 2020

Hello, all

The Fair license is one of the shortest out there. It reads:

> <Copyright Information>

> Usage of the works is permitted provided that this instrument is
> retained with the works, so that any entity that uses the works is
> notified of this instrument.

> DISCLAIMER: THE WORKS ARE WITHOUT WARRANTY.

Surprised though I was, but according to TLDR:Legal, this license
does not require that the original copyright be retained:

    https://tldrlegal.com/license/fair-license#summary

Is not "copyright information" part of "this instrument"? If not,
then what short licenses allow use and modification but retain the
copyright of the author(s)?

/\  http://preview.tinyurl.com/qcy6mjc [archived]