[License-discuss] Discussion: AGPL and Open Source Definition conflict

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Tue Sep 24 19:35:30 UTC 2019

On the side of the person needing to comply, one need only make sure the
source code is carefully published. On the side of the person wishing to
access the source code, the only alternative is to turn on logging or use a
hacked client. I don't think it would be permissible to emit no notice
regarding the source code at all simply because the protocol doesn't make
it easy to read.