[License-discuss] discussion of L-R process [was Re: [License-review] Approval: Server Side Public License, Version 2 (SSPL v2)]

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Sat Mar 16 02:31:28 UTC 2019

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 6:42 PM Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> perhaps those with OSI Board or other official status should clarify who
> they are

As Standards Chair I work with standards organizations on their policy for
working with or producing Open Source software. The issue is always patent
policy, since they are habituated to "RAND" policy and this generally does
not assure anyone's right to make, distribute, and use Open Source. I don't
speak officially for OSI regarding its licensing policy, although, for my
sins, I mostly wrote it and thus seem to be considered the 500 pound
elephant anyway.