[License-discuss] The per se license constructor

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Fri Mar 15 20:31:05 UTC 2019

While we are discussing license approval, this morning's submission had no
legal review, the excuse being that it was a mashup of what was presumably
the work of unidentified lawyers.

There is great danger in using a license that has had no legal review,
since you have little idea of how it will work in court. The per se license
constructor transmits that danger to others who use their license.

I thus feel all such things should be rejected, although the reason is
entirely outside of the OSD.

    Thanks

    Bruce