[License-discuss] Developing a new open source license

Smith, McCoy mccoy.smith at intel.com
Thu Jan 31 18:08:38 UTC 2019

Given where we currently are in the Google/Oracle case, I’m curious how you define API (or if you define it at all).
Would it require copylefting code that implements an API that is non-copyrightable, or implements an API when such implementation would be fair use?
Anyway, I’ll be at CopyleftCon so maybe I can just ask these questions after your presentation.  Sounds like maybe you’re going to address current state of the law and how you think that can allow copyleft to expand.