[License-discuss] FYI, opensource.dev released

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Fri Jan 11 18:58:45 UTC 2019

Tzeng, Nigel H. dixit:

>And cathedral is every bit as valid a development style as bazaar for
>open source.

I completely agree, I’m a BSD person after all.

But “community” is usually understood to be those *outside* of
those who are the cathedral.

For example, if I have a large company, with hundreds or even
thousands of employees, and I do some OSS work, but the only
people working on it (with commit access etc., that is, not
just drive-by patch submitters) are inhouse, it’s definitely
*not* a community(-supported) project, no matter how large
the paid-for “community” is.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
<cnuke> den AGP stecker anfeilen, damit er in den slot aufm 440BX board passt…
oder netzteile, an die man auch den monitor angeschlossen hat und die dann für